Saturday 20 April 2013

Concept Art Blog Post

All My Concept Art

Within this blog post I have uploaded all the concept art that I have drawn and created for our game. 

Vehicle concept art
Here is a digital drawing of our rally car. I changed it's colour, and some of it's design to suit my sponsor "Orange Power". The sponsor logo's are not applied as the logos need to be created by Tim. I love the colour work on my drawing, I feel when it comes to editing the models texture file, I will possibly use this colour scheme.


This is my sponsor "Fairy Power" colour scheme, again the logo's have been not applied but the design for the car is there. I wanted colours that represented a car the girls would enjoy to drive as I didn't want to alienate anyone from playing our game. who said rally was only for men?


The next section of this blog is concept art drawn within class, I'm not a very good artist and my drawings are a bit rough, but they sum up my idea's and plans in which we want to create for our game.

This concept art are the idea's we have of how the cardboard cutouts might look, from it's textures on the front of the cardboard to the side and back of the cardboard cutouts. We really want the players to see that the models are just simple rubbish cardboard cutouts.
This is some concept art of how the crowd models might look, from the characters stances and poses, to the models structure and form. You can see that I'm trying to show how the models might look as cardboard cutouts and where they might be placed. 

 
This is just a concept drawing of how the track design and layout might look within the game. This concept just helps show how and where certain models and objects might go within out game.

This is a concept of how the track would look from the side, displaying the hills which separate the track from the barriers within our game, and where some of the models and objects could be placed around the track. 
This is some concept art of how the checkpoints/start line and finish line points will look, and how they might work/be placed, within the game. I got my idea to use a crisscrossed staging bars from music and gig stadiums, these bars are strong and recognisable. 
This is some concept art of how the banner on the side of the track, where it would be advertising one of our silly advert ideas within our game. I was trying to display the banner at an angle so it's nice and clear to the players within the car.
Concept art of the front or drivers view of the race track. This concept shows how the hills work in separating the track from the barriers and where some of the objects and models can be placed.
This is my credit card sketches of my car sponsor logo for Fairy Power, which will be placed onto my girly racing car. The sketch on the bottom left, is the sketch I want to be expanded into a better drawing/sponsor logo, this will be created by Tim. I think it's design is simple and effective, and really sends that feminine message through the use of the butterfly.
This is my credit card sketch of my sponsor logo's for Orange Power. I tried to display a range of different designs that my sponsor could be displayed in. I really liked the design in the bottom middle, as it's is simple and can work as a small logo on a car. I would that concept to be expanded and made into a much higher detailed sponsor logo.


Outcome:
Creating concept art really helps structure and show our idea's in which we have for our game, without the concept art, our idea's are unclear and could easily be misinterpreted if there is no plan or form to follow. I really like my digital drawings as they display a much higher detail of concept for my car designs, but my other paper based drawings that basically are rough, aren't pretty to look at like my digital, but they do however show my thoughts into how and what would work within our game.

No comments:

Post a Comment