Thursday 13 June 2013

Making the Game Trailer and Showreel

Monday 10th June

The team all worked together to insure that our GDD was up to date and that our Game trailer and showreel was planned out ready to go on Wednesday. We plan to make both Game trailer and showreel in one day. We created a quick storyboard in which lays out the order of scenes for our showings.

(Storyboard for Game Trailer)

(Storyboard/scene order for Showreel)

The plan is to collect all assets in the morning and then go off somewhere working together as a team to create both showreel and game trailer. Tim will be editing the game trailer with help from me and Matt, where as I will also be editing the showreel at the same time, but also with help from Tim and Matt. This plan allows us to make two videos at the same time and at the same quality and standard that we want our videos to be at.

Wednesday 12th June

Today Tim, Matt and me went to the library and just cracked on with getting our game trailer and showreel completed. We stuck to the plan of me working on the showreel, and Tim working on the game trailer, while at the same time helping and assisting each other out here and there. Having a basic storyboard to follow allowed us to get started with the work very quickly. 

I started my showreel by getting all the concept art together, however, there was quite a lot so I had to only show some of the concept art within the showreel. I would use my in game music for the music within out showreel, allowing me to show my created music while at the same time displaying the overall theme to our game and work. 

It took a long time to collect all the footage I needed, as I needed footage from our game and game models. Matt spent ages recording footage from unity, and me and Tim took a while collecting all the model footage as we each recorded and even animated some of our models. 

Piecing all the footage together was some what easy enough, and when it was all finished, it was very rewarding to visually see the amount our team as done together within this project, it made me feel a bit proud.


(Example of editing in Imovie for showreel)

(Follow the link below to watch our showreel)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxSyJMdw3Zc

(Follow the link below to watch out game trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iLyO6EirdI

Summary
The overall showreel video pleased me, and displayed what we wanted to display, however It was a little harder for me to show off my work as I could only really show my concept art and model work, but not so much the sound effects, voice overs and music that I have done. I really couldn't display this in our showreel so I felt a little left out in that area. I tried to display my audio work with the footage of Logic, and a time lapse of us in the sound booth recording our theme tune and voice overs, but that was all I could really do.

Our game trailer that Tim had made was great, and really displayed the theme to our game, seeing the game in a game trailer was amazing, It really made us feel good about the work we have done with the amount of time that we have had in this project. Now having finished the final parts of the actual project, it caste a great sense of achievement over us as we look back at the work we have done.


No comments:

Post a Comment